Seriously? OMG! WTF? » Dan Aykroyd bashed the Ghostbusters reboot
header image
[ # ] Dan Aykroyd bashed the Ghostbusters reboot
June 5th, 2017 under Movies


As soon as the trailer came out for the Ghostbusters reboot, everyone bashed it. Now a year later one of the original movie’s stars is bashing it.

Dan Aykroyd told Sunday Brunch on Britain’s Channel 4 that they spent too much on it. He said, “The director [Paul Feig], he spent too much on it and he didn’t shoot scenes we suggested to him. Several scenes that were going to be needed, he said, ‘No, we don’t need them.’ And then we tested the movie and they needed them, and he had to go back — about $30 to $40 million in reshoots.”

Sony told The Hollywood Reporter on the other hand said they only spent $3 to $4 million on the reshoots. The studio also said they were happy with the director even though, Aykroyd said, “it cost too much, and Sony does not like to lose money. It made a lot of money around the world, but it just cost too much, making it economically not feasible to do another one.”

UPDATE: Dan Aykroyd took to WhoSay to explain what he meant, he said, “”Paul Feig made a good movie and had a superb cast and plenty of money to do it. We just wish he had been more inclusive to the originators. It cost everyone as it is unlikely Kristen, Leslie, Melissa and Kate will ever reprise their roles as Ghostbusters which is sad.” He’s right, if they stuck more to the original there might be a sequel.
When it comes to the he said/she said, the loudest message that Sony sent out about this is that they cancelled their plans for a sequel. I think that says something, don’t you?

Share


website stats Site Meter Web Analytics